Open GVP File
GVP file extension is used as a pointer for videos downloaded from Google Video Player.? These videos are encoded in MPEG-4 ASP compression together with an MP3 audio stream. GVP stands for Google Video Pointer. Files with this extension are only pointers to a Google Video File (GVI) located on Google servers. Google Video Player can run on operating systems such as Windows and Mac OS X.
Play list downloaded on a user\'s computer has GVP extensions. Once played, it will connect to a Google Video File that contains the movie file. Videos offered are either free or paid commercial and can be accessed by visiting video.google.com.
On August 17, 2007, Google remove the option of downloading a GVI file, but maintained the download for MP4 formats available for iPod and PSP. These movies are flash base and can be downloaded with an FLV format. Files based on GVI can be converted to Audio Video Interleave (AVI) which is a similar format.
Aside from Google Video Player, text editors can open GVP file to view the URL or direct location of the file. Once the GVI file is located by the GVP file, it can be downloaded and played on media players including MPlayer and Wimpy. The original flash video can also be played using these players.
Open GVP File on Windows Operating System
- Find a GVP file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a GVP file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open GVP file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open GVP file then try to search for "GVP wiki", "application to open GVP file" or "open GVP file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open GVP file
Rate GVP file page: 5/5 based on 2 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open GVP files, file extension gvp and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...