Open SCM File
SCM files can have various applications, here are some of them:
GIMP Script-Fu Scrip
The GIMP image editing program uses the SCM extension files to automate actions or add artistic effects to images opened in the editor.
Similar to a Photoshop plugin, but in this case, saved as a script file.
StarCraft Map File
In this application, SCM files are used as the game map for StarCraft, including some terrain types and resources.
StarCraft is a real-time strategy game created by Blizzard Entertainment.
Scheme Source Code File
In this case, the SCM extension files are software development type since they contain a source code of the Scheme language, developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
They are compatible with common text editors, however, it must be compiled with a Scheme interpreter, which reads the syntax and runs the program.
SCM files can be edited with any text editor, but it is best to modify them using an editor that supports outline syntax highlighting.
Samsung Channel List File
Samsung TVs use SCM files to save a list of channels saved by the user, and then they can be extracted and exported via a USB connection, with the possibility of editing them with the SamyGO program.
Exported files can contain information from cable and satellite stations.
CLEO Compiled Script
In this case, the SCM files are Compiled Scripts for CLEO, a third-party scripting engine for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Through this script in SCM files, players can extend the game's features using custom functions.
Super Chain Media File
Related to the SCM codec, SCM extension files are used as audio or video files capable of containing copyright or DRM information.
Developed by SuperMV, an interactive audio and video research company.
To open and work with an SCM file, it is necessary that you have the file type in mind and thus you must also have one of the following programs installed:
Open SCM File on Windows Operating System
- Find a SCM file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a SCM file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open SCM file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open SCM file then try to search for "SCM wiki", "application to open SCM file" or "open SCM file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open SCM file
Rate SCM file page: 5/5 based on 11 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open SCM files, file extension scm and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...