Open DM File
DM are usually audio files, although they can be of any type, that have been encoded with DRM (Digital Rights Management) copy protection, especially used by some cell phones for ringtones and other media clips. It can also be used for other digitally signed mobile applications, on Nokia cellphones.
You should know that they are only compatible and can be opened using an authorized cell phone.
It is important to note that audio files in DM format cannot be converted to another playable format such as MP3 due to the fact that they are protected with DRM. Only the device that is authorized to play the file will be able to open it.
However it should be considered that not all DM files are protected by DRM, therefore these can be played as MP3, just by changing the extension. This last action can ONLY be done with audio files.
Some DM file formats can be opened with the Paradox Data Model, which was acquired by Corel in the 1990s.
DM is also used as an acronym for a number of other technical terms such as direct message in the context of the social networks that have this service, also as device manager, digital media, document management, download manager and probably others.
Open DM File on Windows Operating System
- Find a DM file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a DM file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open DM file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open DM file then try to search for "DM wiki", "application to open DM file" or "open DM file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open DM file
Rate DM file page: 4/5 based on 15 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open DM files, file extension dm and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...