Open AMV File
AMV file extension is a proprietary video format produced specifically for use with MP4 media players as well as File extension MP3 devices with video playback facilities. AMV files use a modified version of the File extension AVI file container, and consist of a RIFF (Resource Interchange File Format) video and audio stream. The video is a modified variant of motion JPEG (M-JPEG), meaning that each video frame is stored individually as a compressed File extension JPEG image. The audio is a modified variant of IMA ADPCM (Interactive Multimedia Association Adaptive Different Pulse-Code Modulation), which is a standard way of converting analogue signals to digital audio for use in computing applications.
Due to the low specification nature of the processors in portable media devices, particularly in video-enabled MP3 players, AMV files contain very little compression to minimize overheads and allow smooth playback. They also make use of a very low resolution anywhere between 94 x 52 and 208 x 176 and a low frame rate either 10, 12 or 16 frames per second (FPS). This results in relatively small file sizes, and combined with the lack of compression, require relatively little processing power to play, making them ideal for portable media devices. A thirty minute video clip with audio would typically be as little as 80MB in size once converted to AMV format. This makes AMV format very size and performance effective when opening AMV file on mobile device.
A common misconception is that the AMV file extension stands for Anime Music Video. Whilst the AMV format can be used to store this, or indeed any other type of video, it was developed primarily to store music video clips for use on portable media players.
You can open AMV files using MP3 Player Utilities or AVS Studio, which also include the AMV Video Converter tool. This allows the conversion of any video file to the AMV format for use on compatible media players.
Open AMV File on Windows Operating System
- Find a AMV file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a AMV file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open AMV file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open AMV file then try to search for "AMV wiki", "application to open AMV file" or "open AMV file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open AMV file
Rate AMV file page: 5/5 based on 8 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open AMV files, file extension amv and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...