Open UNK File
Files with a UNK extension can have various utilities
UNK could be used to store data from the unknown file which has no file association. It may store the contents of an original file that was not recognized by the program. Usually it is used as a default extension for a corrupted or unknown file found in email attachments or downloads from the web.
The recommendation is that you do not try to open UNK files unless you are sure of their content, as they may contain a virus.
In this case, the files with the UNK extension are a type of UVProbe Data File file developed for the UVProbe software program by Shimadzu Scientific Instruments.
According to the manufacturer's website UVProbe is a multifunctional, easy-to-use software supplied as standard with the Spectrophotometers manufactured by Shimadzu.
Lotus Notes Unknown Attachment File
Lastly, files with UNK extension can be used as Lotus Notes Unknown Attachment. Lotus Notes, today known as HCL Notes, is the common client for accessing the Domino/Notes server and processing e-mail, appointments, contacts and much more.
As an example, a file identified as att1.unk is received by HCL Notes if the original message was transmitted with MIME encoding.
To open UNK files (except for unknown files), you must have one of the following software packages installed:
Open UNK File on Windows Operating System
- Find a UNK file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a UNK file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open UNK file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open UNK file then try to search for "UNK wiki", "application to open UNK file" or "open UNK file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open UNK file
Rate UNK file page: 5/5 based on 6 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open UNK files, file extension unk and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...