Open QPW File
File extension QPW is most commonly associated with a Quattro Pro for Windows project file. Quattro Pro is a spreadsheet application produced by Corel, and is usually bundled with the WordPerfect Office suite.
Quattro Pro for Windows (QPW) project files contain information in spreadsheet form, and were one of the earliest formats to support tabbed workbooks. This idea was first used by rival Boeing Calc, though Quattro Pro was the first application that was genuinely quick enough to make it usable. Quattro Pro and was originally developed by Borland as a rival to Lotus 1-2-3, though was later sold to Novell before finally being taken on by Corel.
QPW files are workbook or project files, which can contain one or more spreadsheets. Data is stored in rows and columns, with each individual data item contained within a single cell. Each cell has a unique reference which comprises of the column and the row that it is contained in. Numerous data types are supported to aid the presentation of information within a spreadsheet as well as calculations to be performed using appropriate formats such as currency. Spreadsheets within QPW files can also contain formatting, such as stylised text or coloured cells to aid readability, as well as formulas which can perform complex calculations quickly, or be used to create data models. Charts and graphs can also be embedded within spreadsheets to display information, and can update dynamically to reflect changes to data within the spreadsheet.
Support for QPW files is limited, and they can only be successfully opened using Quattro Pro, which is part of the Corel WordPerfect Office suite. Corel do provide a fully working trial version of their office suite, which can be used to open a QPW file and export it in another format for use with another spreadsheet application.
Open QPW File on Windows Operating System
- Find a QPW file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a QPW file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open QPW file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open QPW file then try to search for "QPW wiki", "application to open QPW file" or "open QPW file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open QPW file
Rate QPW file page: 5/5 based on 2 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open QPW files, file extension qpw and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...