Open PSF File
File extension PSF is most commonly associated with an Adobe Photoshop Proof Setup file, and is used to store colour settings which are used to provide an accurate preview of how an image will look once printed. The PSF file extension is also used by the proprietary image format used by ArcSoft PhotoStudio. Though less common, the PSF file extension may refer to an output file from the SPI Proxy server application, which is used to store traffic details and activity logs, or a Chiwriter PostScript font. However, the latter is particularly uncommon as development and support for the application ceased in 1995.
Adobe Photoshop PSF files are used to provide colour calibration, giving designers an accurate preview of how an image will look once printed on screen. This is important, particularly when designing for print, as even with a properly calibrated screen images can look significantly different than they do once printed. PSF files can be used in Adobe Photoshop by going to the View menu, then Proof Setup and finally Custom, where the file itself can be loaded.
PSF files may also be ArcSoft PhotoStudio images, which are a proprietary format with support for layering similar to Adobe Photoshop PSD files or Corel Paint Shop Pro PSP files.
Adobe Proof Setup PSF files can only be opened using Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements on Windows or Mac. PSF files which are images are a proprietary format developed by ArcSoft, and can only be opened using PhotoStudio or PhotoImpression. Output files from the SPI Proxy application are also stored as a proprietary format, and can only be opened using SPI Dynamics WebInspect Toolkit. No PSF files contain human-readable content, so should not be opened with a text editor as any modifications could render the file unusable by the original application.
Open PSF File on Windows Operating System
- Find a PSF file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a PSF file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open PSF file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open PSF file then try to search for "PSF wiki", "application to open PSF file" or "open PSF file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open PSF file
Rate PSF file page: 5/5 based on 24 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open PSF files, file extension psf and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...