Open WPD File
WPD file extension is most commonly associated with a word processed document produced in Corel WordPerfect or, occasionally, a word processed document produced in version 2.0 or earlier of ACT! Contact Management Software. The WPD file extension may also refer to a Windows printer driver, or an audio file produced by sound processing software SAW Studio, which contains information about the intensity and frequency of a signal contained in an associated WAV file.
The vast majority of WPD files are word processed documents, and primarily contain formatted text. WPD files produced in Corel WordPerfect are also capable of storing embedded objects such as images, tables and graphs produced in other applications. WPD files contain streams of text, and store formatting information using tags which can be shown as reveal codes in Corel WordPerfect. These identify how each section of text or object is formatted at a glance, and can be useful when diagnosing layout or formatting issues. Like similar file formats such as DOC, WPD files can also contain mail merge fields, which allow information from an external data source, such as a spreadsheet or database, to be inputted into a template.
Though other formats such as Microsoft Word's File extension DOC format are used more frequently to transfer word processed documents which need to be editable, WPD files are supported by the majority of word processing software. You open WPD files with Word processed information using Corel WordPerfect, though it is also possible to open and convert them to alternative formats using other word processing software such as Microsoft Word and OpenOffice Writer. However it is possible that not all formatting features will be retained. As of Corel WordPerfect
Though WPD files produced in ACT! are word processed documents, they are a different, proprietary format which can only be opened using Sage ACT!. You can open WPD files which contain audio information with SAW Studio and the appropriate accompanying File extension WAV file.
Open WPD File on Windows Operating System
- Find a WPD file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a WPD file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open WPD file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open WPD file then try to search for "WPD wiki", "application to open WPD file" or "open WPD file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open WPD file
Rate WPD file page: 5/5 based on 23 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open WPD files, file extension wpd and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...