Open SVG File
SVG file extension is mostly used in describing two-dimensional vector graphics in XML format. SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics. Data can be stored on its own file or can be embedded in a web page. However, not all web browsers are capable of interpreting it. File of this extension can be static or animated images.
Since this is in XML format, SVG files can be opened by using text editors. These are images written as text. Vector images use geometrical figures represented by mathematical equations as oppose to raster images that uses pixels represented with different colors to create an image.
SVG is an open standard developed under the effort of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The development is a result of the introduction of Vector Markup Language by Microsoft and Macromedia. Images under this file extension can also be view on mobile devices with specified software.
There are no known threats with regard to SVG extensions. However images download from the source can be edited by a user.
You can open SVG files using software including Adobe SVG Viewer, Adobe Flash Player, Microsoft Visio, Corel, and other compatible web browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer cannot open SVG file unless it has a plug-in installed.
Open SVG File on Windows Operating System
- Find a SVG file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a SVG file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open SVG file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open SVG file then try to search for "SVG wiki", "application to open SVG file" or "open SVG file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open SVG file
Rate SVG file page: 4/5 based on 19 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open SVG files, file extension svg and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...