Open LST File
LST extension files have various utilities namely
A file with an LST extension could be a file containing a list of data useful for software such as Microsoft Visual Studio and other code editors for software development purposes.
Usually it contains a list of data separated by newlines. The data could be a list of files to be installed by a software installer, or it could be data exported from a spreadsheet or data from a database and dumped into plain text.
Because LST files are plain text, they can be opened, edited, and created using any basic text editor.
Therefore it is highly unlikely that another format will be used to save an LST file, such as binary type, which, if necessary, will have to open the file with the program that originally created it.
"Now Contact" Software List Template
In this case, the LST files are list template files created by "Now Contact" software.
"Now Contact" was a software specialized in calendars and contact management, both for individuals and for work groups, on Microsoft Windows and MacOS. Now Software is discontinued.
FoxPro Documenting Wizard List
Foxpro uses the LST files as reports, generated by the documentation wizard; in fact, they have some well-differentiated specific functions such as enumeration of user-defined symbols, enumerating the files in the project, etc. FoxPro is not further supported by Microsoft.
GRUB Boot List File
The GR and Unified Bootloader uses the LST files as system files, containing menu options that are displayed when the system boots.
LightScribe Label Template
LST files, in this case, are used as a disk label template.
Lightscribe Label is a disc label creation program. The final label design can also be burned directly onto the top of a CD or DVD using a LightScribe printer / burner drive.
Open LST File on Windows Operating System
- Find a LST file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a LST file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open LST file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open LST file then try to search for "LST wiki", "application to open LST file" or "open LST file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open LST file
Rate LST file page: 4/5 based on 11 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open LST files, file extension lst and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...