Open IMAGE File
IMAGE extension files are usually associated with Apple Disk Image. They are of the Disc Image type and are mainly used to record these images on a physical disc.
These files contain complete and exact copy of the data on a disk in Mac format, in binary form.
These files can be mounted on the computer through a daemon like a CD or they can also be burned onto physical disks, using Apple Disk Copy Utility and ShrinkWrap.
IMAGE files are not designed to be opened manually, because they are binary, in any case, to open and / or operate on an IMAGE file, it is necessary to have the following programs installed:
- Smart Projects IsoBuster
- Apple Disk Utility(Built in MacOS)
Open IMAGE File on Windows Operating System
- Find a IMAGE file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a IMAGE file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open IMAGE file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open IMAGE file then try to search for "IMAGE wiki", "application to open IMAGE file" or "open IMAGE file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open IMAGE file
Rate IMAGE file page: 4/5 based on 16 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open IMAGE files, file extension image and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...