Open ID File
The ID extension files are mainly used by the Lotus Notes software, which was developed by IBM, a client-server ecosystem for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems, today managed by HCL (https://www.hcltechsw.com/).
It is created by the Domino administrator and includes the necessary data to achieve effective client-server communication. Therefore, ID files are essential for logging into Lotus Notes. They are generally valid for one year and therefore must be renewed.
The data contained in an ID file can be
- Keys (public and private).
- Security certificate.
- License number for Notes.
If for any reason you lose your information or forget it, you can recover it, only if the Domino administrator configured it for this purpose. Otherwise, you will not be able to retrieve your login details.
To open a file with an ID extension are:
Open ID File on Windows Operating System
- Find a ID file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a ID file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open ID file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open ID file then try to search for "ID wiki", "application to open ID file" or "open ID file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open ID file
Rate ID file page: 4/5 based on 12 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open ID files, file extension id and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...