Open FLA File
File extension FLA is most commonly used to refer to an Adobe Flash movie authoring file. FLA files are an editable, uncompressed version of a Flash animation, movie or application, and contain all embedded source media. Though less common, FLA files may also be music files encoded using the Free Lossless Audio Codec, an open-source lossless compressed audio format. The full, much more common extension is FLAC, though some legacy operating systems which cannot use four-letter file extensions abbreviate it to FLA.
Flash FLA files are editable animations or applications which are produced using Adobe Flash (Formerly Macromedia Flash). FLA files contain any source media which is used in the project, including audio files, video clips and images, and as they are uncompressed, can have large file sizes depending on the format of embedded media. Timeline information is also included by means of frames, which can be used to add timing or alter sequencing of an animation or video. FLA files may also contain ActionScript, which can be used to provide interactivity, such as in Flash-based websites or applications. FLA files are typically only used in a development environment, and are usually saved in compressed File extension SWF or File extension FLV format for delivery on the web.
FLA is a closed file format in that its details are not available for third-party software developers, and as such can only be opened and edited using Adobe Flash. It may also be possible to open an FLA file using a previous version of either Adobe or Macromedia Flash depending on which application and version was used to create it. Though FLA audio files are rare, they can be opened using FLAC Frontend or most other media playing software with the appropriate codec pack installed. If an FLA file is a File extension FLAC audio file, renaming the extension to the latter may associate the file with the correct application.
Open FLA File on Windows Operating System
- Find a FLA file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a FLA file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open FLA file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open FLA file then try to search for "FLA wiki", "application to open FLA file" or "open FLA file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open FLA file
Rate FLA file page: 5/5 based on 15 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open FLA files, file extension fla and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...