Open XLT File
XLT files are used by older versions of Microsoft Office Excel software to store Microsoft Excel spreadsheet templates. Spreadsheet templates can include schedules, inventory, financial calculations, budgets, Gantt charts, timelines and much more. If needed every template can be customized and saved to a different XLT file. XLT files cannot contain Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros. In order to enable macros XLTM files should be used.
XLTX file format is supported by Microsoft Excel 97 and Microsoft Excel 2003.
Software to open XLT file
- Microsoft Excel - spreadsheet editor which is part of Microsoft Office package. This is the best choice for opening XLT files because all XLT template features are be supported there.
- Office.com - online Microsoft Office software which supports most of the file formats supported by desktop Microsoft Office software.
- OpenOffice from Apache - free document and spreadsheet editing software from Apache. XLT spreadsheet file format is supported by OpenOffice though not 100% of features may work.
- LibreOffice from Apache - free document and spreadsheet editing software from Document Foundation. XLT spreadsheet file format is supported by LibreOffice though not 100% of features may work.
Open XLT File on Windows Operating System
- Find a XLT file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a XLT file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open XLT file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open XLT file then try to search for "XLT wiki", "application to open XLT file" or "open XLT file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open XLT file
Rate XLT file page: 5/5 based on 12 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open XLT files, file extension xlt and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...