Open SIM File
Files with a SIM extension have various applications, different from each other, namely:
The Sims 3 Sim File
For the popular Sims game, the SIM files contain a character "Sim", or virtual person created in the game.
SIM files in this case store information about a person that includes aspects of their appearance and personality.
SIM files are mainly used for sharing with other users and for backing up Sims people.
Steam Game Backup Information File
In the game engine created by Steam, SIM files are used as backup and restore information for games using DVD or other external media.
SIM file can also contain settings and other information for backup.
SAP Tutor File
In this case, the SIM files are tutorials created by SAP Tutor, a program used to record, edit, and play back interactive self-study units.
It contains the lessons with all the multimedia objects that this implies, such as, screenshot images, text instructions and evaluation questions.
It is used to train employees how to operate software programs.
To open SIM files, you must first be sure of the format to which it belongs, and then have one of these programs installed
Open SIM File on Windows Operating System
- Find a SIM file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a SIM file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open SIM file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open SIM file then try to search for "SIM wiki", "application to open SIM file" or "open SIM file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open SIM file
Rate SIM file page: 5/5 based on 15 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open SIM files, file extension sim and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...