Open SHS File
SHS file is used by Microsoft Office to store information about part of the Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel document which user dragged to their desktop. SHS files can store text, graphics or objects. You can open SHS file by dragging it into Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel applications. SHS file is not a readable file and contains objects stored in OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) technology.
SHS files are only compatible with versions of Windows prior to Windows Vista which includes:
- Windows 95
- Windows NT
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
Following versions of Windows OS does not support opening SHS files:
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
How to put part of a document to a desktop and back:
- 1. Make sure that Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel is not maximized.
- 2. Select desired part of the document.
- 3. Drag it to the desktop. A scrap SHS file will be created. You can now drag this scrap file to other applications which support OLE.
Open SHS File on Windows Operating System
- Find a SHS file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a SHS file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open SHS file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open SHS file then try to search for "SHS wiki", "application to open SHS file" or "open SHS file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open SHS file
Rate SHS file page: 4/5 based on 23 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open SHS files, file extension shs and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...