Open SAV File
SAV file extension is widely used by a large number of computer games to store SAVed games information. "Savegame" is a snapshot of the game state that user can later restore. It's not uncommon for a game to take 40-60 hours to clear all levels and complete all objectives. Savegames are used to break down this time into shorter gaming sessions. Some parts of the game may be much more difficult to complete than others so before starting such level a savegame is made so that player can restore the game in case of failure.
Some computer games would limit the number of savegames available to the player or allow savegames only at certain moments of the game called checkpoints.
Data in SAV files is specific to the game that created them so only a game or application which created it can open SAV file. Usually these files are stored in the file system catalog that is specific to the game so it is uncommon for one game to try reading savegames from the other. However should this occur (possibly because of files being moved around on disk) this is most likely to cause an application crash because such scenario is rarely implemented by the game designers.
Open SAV File on Windows Operating System
- Find a SAV file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a SAV file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open SAV file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open SAV file then try to search for "SAV wiki", "application to open SAV file" or "open SAV file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open SAV file
Rate SAV file page: 5/5 based on 15 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open SAV files, file extension sav and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...