Open NTH File
File extension NTH is most commonly associated with a Nokia Theme for the Series 40 platform, which is utilised by a number of Nokia mobile phones. NTH files are produced using the Nokia Theme Studio application, which can be used to create and modify themes for supported devices.
NTH files are compressed archives which contain customised themes which can be installed on compatible Nokia Series 40 phones. Popular supported phones include the Nokia 6230i, 6300 and 6125. The NTH theme file will include wallpapers, images, menu icons and ringtones, as well as an File extension XML text file which may contain additional formatting options such as text colours, and a thumbnail which is used to show a gallery preview of the theme.
NTH files can be created using the Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio program, which allows users to create custom themes which can then be distributed to others for use on compatible phones. Previews can also be viewed using Nokia Theme Studio, which will show how the theme will look on phones with different screen resolutions to enable cross-phone compatibility of themes. Alternatively, Nokia theme files may be downloaded from websites which offer either free or paid-for themes. These may be delivered in NTH format, or in standard File extension ZIP format, the latter of which must have the extension renamed to NTH before it will be compatible for use on a mobile phone.
NTH files can be opened using Nokia Series 40 Theme Studio on the Windows platform. NTH files are standard Zip files with a different file extension, so changing the extension to ZIP will allow the file to be opened and the contents extracted using most archiving and compression applications such as WinZip, WinRAR and Stuffit. Alternatively, NTH themes can be transferred to and viewed on a compatible mobile device via USB or Bluetooth.
Open NTH File on Windows Operating System
- Find a NTH file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a NTH file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open NTH file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open NTH file then try to search for "NTH wiki", "application to open NTH file" or "open NTH file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open NTH file
Rate NTH file page: 5/5 based on 18 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open NTH files, file extension nth and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...