Open ITL File
File extension ITL is used by several different software packages, most notably iTunes for storing music database information. The ITL file extension is also used by Reliability Analysis software ITEM ToolKit, developed by ITEM Software, and by IntelliTipster, a sports prediction betting system produced by IntelliForecast Labs. All of these file formats are proprietary formats only used by the respective software companies and only work with the appropriate software.
The Apple iTunes file is given the name 'iTunes Library.itl' on Windows and is a database of songs, playlists, song ratings and comments saved by the user. If this file is deleted, iTunes will create a new, empty copy of this file when the software is run again, but any and all playlists, ratings and other user data will be lost. There is another file that accompanies the ITL file used by iTunes and is generally called 'iTunes Music Library.xml'. The purpose of this file is to make it easier for other applications to work with the iTunes music database. As would be expected by the name, this second file is an XML file and hence is human-readable.
ITEM ToolKit is used to predict product reliability and to optimize the product design process. The software uses ITL files to store project files and libraries.
IntelliTipster is used to predict the outcome of team sporting events. The program stores up data about previous league team performance and generates statistics to predict the outcome of future events. All the data is stored in files with the ITL extension. These ITL files are also available for download from the internet and can then be imported into IntelliTipster in order to generate more accurate predictions.
None of these file types are currently associated with any known malware and should present no risk from viruses.
Open ITL File on Windows OS
- Find a ITL file in question in Windows File Explorer and double click on it.
- If a file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the ITL file in question.
- If you know the application which can open ITL file then run it and see if there is a File->Open option in the application main menu.
- If you don't know the application which can open ITL file then try to search for "ITL wiki", "application to open ITL file" or "ITL file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open ITL file
Rate this page: 4/5 based on 25 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open ITL files, file extension itl and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...