Open HWP File
HWP file extension is used to a Korean word processor, Hangul. HWP stands for Hangul Word Processor, a software application with text and features written in the Korean language. File with this extension can be run on cross-platform. Support includes PC, Mac, and Linux.
Hangul Word Processor is developed by the Korean company Haansoft Corporation. Files saved using Hangul office applications will give the file extension HWP. Hangul software can open documents saved with .doc extension. On the other hand HWP can also be opened through Microsoft Office application by downloading the conversion program that will convert the content of the document.
HWP files are commonly used in South Korea which created a disadvantage for users unfamiliar with the software. However, Microsoft Office and Hangul can work together to read HWP file extension.
During the release of Hangul version 2000, the company was in the verge of bankruptcy due to widespread of pirated software. But with the support from the government, the company was able to recover after users were encouraged to purchase genuine software.
OpenOffice.org applications are able to open HWP files created with Hangul '97. Hangul Viewer 2007 created by Haansoft can also be use to open HWP files. This software can be downloaded by visiting their website.
Open HWP File on Windows Operating System
- Find a HWP file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a HWP file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open HWP file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open HWP file then try to search for "HWP wiki", "application to open HWP file" or "open HWP file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open HWP file
Rate HWP file page: 5/5 based on 11 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open HWP files, file extension hwp and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...