Open HTML File
HTML file (HyperText Markup Language) is a format, a standard and it is also the extension that identifies the files that comply with the HTML standard.
HTML was created as a standard for the purpose of creating websites.
Web browsers are the main executors of this type of files, and since it is a standard, web servers must be willing to interpret and disseminate the HTML language in a way that is intelligible for the vast majority of users, that is, in a Web.
Browsers interpret the coding in texts, colors, images and hyperlinks.
The HTML format is highly interactive, however ordinary users can only view the final product, not the code, unless an error occurs, or the advanced user enables code view in the browser.
Some email programs also allow the use of HTML to format the text in a document.
Since HTML is a markup and tagging text language format, tags are enclosed in <> brackets, and most tags have start and end commands,where the slash '/' represents the end of the label .
An example of starting an HTML document is as follows:
<! DOCTYPE html>
The HTML code itself is not a programming language, since browsers use semantic interpretation to read them, they do not need compilation and that is why it is said to be a markup language.
The code written in HTML file is directly analyzed by browsers and is a transparent process for the user.
To open, edit, create or modify an HTML file, a common text editor is enough, however, we recommend using a highlighting text editor or WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) so that the task is easier.
The following are some programs that you can use to open HTML files, along with the browser you are using at the moment to read this tutorial.
Open HTML File on Windows Operating System
- Find a HTML file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a HTML file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open HTML file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open HTML file then try to search for "HTML wiki", "application to open HTML file" or "open HTML file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open HTML file
Rate HTML file page: 4/5 based on 19 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open HTML files, file extension html and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...