Open HME File
Files with HME extension are theme files used by Windows Mobile devices; contain home screen graphics and other theme settings, such as color scheme; used to modify the appearance of the mobile device user interface. HME files are executable and you can open them, on the Windows Mobile device, to install the theme you want.
HME files are considered system configuration files, and it is recommended to open them only with the appropriate software, in this case, it is ActiveSync, created by Microsoft especially for the Windows and Windows Mobile operating systems. Opening it with other types of software can lead to file damage and misconfigurations in the operating system.
Open HME File on Windows Operating System
- Find a HME file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a HME file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open HME file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open HME file then try to search for "HME wiki", "application to open HME file" or "open HME file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open HME file
Rate HME file page: 5/5 based on 7 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open HME files, file extension hme and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...