Open EMP File
File extension EMP is most commonly associated with music files downloaded from eMusic.com, a popular online digital entertainment retailer. EMP files are also used by Medlin Accounting and Payroll software to store employee-specific data, as well as by ECAD (Electronic and Electrical Computer-Aided Design) applications for use in PTC Pro/Engineer, an industry-standard 3D product design application.
The EMP file format is used specifically by the eMusic Download Manager software, which allows users to download albums and synchronise their music collection with popular media players such as iTunes, Winamp and Windows Media Player. Files are downloaded from the eMusic website in EMP format, which are then converted to standard MP3 format by the eMusic Download Manager. The audio files can then be played or transferred to an MP3 player.
PTC Pro/Engineer EMP files are specific to the integrated Pro/ECAD interface tools, which are used for the design of electrical circuit boards. EMP files contain a 2D representation of all the components, including information such as size, shape and height of each individual component. These are used in conjunction with EMN files, which contain information about the size and shape of the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) as well as the location of holes, orientation of components and keep-out and keep-in zones. The idea is to ultimately replace all component outlines stored in the EMP file with 3D models, which are typically imported from a library.
eMusic EMP files can be opened using the Download Manager software, which will convert the file to File extension MP3 for use in media playing software or on portable media devices. EMP files generated for use in Pro/Engineer can be opened by first importing the associated File extension EMN file, which will then require the component information EMP file. Employee data EMP files can be opened using the Medlin Accounting software.
Open EMP File on Windows Operating System
- Find a EMP file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a EMP file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open EMP file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open EMP file then try to search for "EMP wiki", "application to open EMP file" or "open EMP file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open EMP file
Rate EMP file page: 4/5 based on 19 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open EMP files, file extension emp and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...