Open DEC File
DEC files have two main uses, different from each other, namely:
A DEC extension file is used by ADL (Application Development Language) programs to store text-based statements and has the ability to contain global variables and constants that can be referenced by other files within a programming project.
In this application, DEC files are in the EDK Declaration II format, which is a development code base used to create drivers, firmware images, and Unified Extensible Firmware Interface applications.
Magic: The Gathering Online Deck, Game
A DEC file is used by Magic: The Gathering Online (MTGO) to contain a deck of cards in its online game.
Being a database, DEC files store a collection of cards that are part of a playable deck, including the total number of cards and the identification of each card in the deck.
To open and deal with a DEC file, you must have one of the following programs installed, previously check the type of file format
Open DEC File on Windows Operating System
- Find a DEC file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a DEC file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open DEC file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open DEC file then try to search for "DEC wiki", "application to open DEC file" or "open DEC file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open DEC file
Rate DEC file page: 5/5 based on 16 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open DEC files, file extension dec and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...