Open CROM File
The CROM extension files are used as update files for Vehicle Electronic Control Units (ECUs), via Diablosport Predator Handheld Programmer.
The Predator is a high-end, next-generation programmer that flashes for tuning purposes for high-performance vehicles. By simply connecting the Predator to the vehicle's OBDII port, it recognizes it and automatically downloads the specific CROM file for that brand and type of vehicle.
In the CROM file, all the settings necessary for the vehicle's injection and combustion to work in a high-performance way are stored, including the injection map, regulation based on octane, and angle for ignition of the spark plugs.
For more information about this device, go to the following link: https://www.diablosport.com/
Open CROM File on Windows Operating System
- Find a CROM file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a CROM file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open CROM file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open CROM file then try to search for "CROM wiki", "application to open CROM file" or "open CROM file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open CROM file
Rate CROM file page: 5/5 based on 18 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open CROM files, file extension crom and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...