A CONFIG extension file is a configuration file used by various applications.
Said CONFIG file contains plain text parameters that define settings or preferences for building or executing a program.
The functions of a CONFIG file are similar to a SET file, that is, programs use it for their configurations, either by default or by user.
CONFIG files are created by software development programs, which often reference CONFIG files to configure the applications they develop.
A clear example of a CONFIG file is Microsoft's Web.CONFIG file, which can be edited with Visual Web Developer, a program included in Microsoft Visual Studio.
This CONFIG file contains XML configuration information that controls the operation of a website, from individual pages to an entire ASP.NET application.
Since CONFIG files are stored in plain text, they can be viewed and edited with a text editor such as Microsoft Notepad.
However, it is not recommended to edit a CONFIG file without first knowing its contents, as it can corrupt the file and cause its associated application to malfunction.
Linux kernel-based operating systems also often use CONFIG files, usually to configure servers, database applications, and so on.
Typical CONFIG application file locations:
- "g:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /dde
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /dde
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /dde
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\vsta.exe" /dde
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\vsta.exe /dde
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\vsta.exe" /dde
Typical CONFIG mime types:
Frequently used application names to open CONFIG files:
Frequently associated Windows objects:
If you downloaded a CONFIG file on Android device you can open it by following steps below:
To open CONFIG File on iOS device follow steps below:
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.