Open CHK File
Files with the CHK extension are fragments of files that are created in Microsoft Windows and contain data associated with a file that has been deleted, lost, or has changed location on the storage medium.
There is an applet built into most versions of Microsoft Windows that is used to find and delete lost and unused files, which have been created by the system, and it can also locate files with the CHK extension and delete them. These files typically have of no practical utility as the original files have been deleted or moved by users to another directory.
There are third-party applications developed to open and view the content of these CHK files in case you need to view or retrieve their content, for example the CHK-Mate software.
There is also the FileCHK program and the UnCHK software developed to provide functionalities for recovering or restoring the data contained in a CHK file.
Programs to work with CHK files
Open CHK File on Windows Operating System
- Find a CHK file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a CHK file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open CHK file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open CHK file then try to search for "CHK wiki", "application to open CHK file" or "open CHK file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open CHK file
Rate CHK file page: 4/5 based on 23 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open CHK files, file extension chk and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...